The Akus Moby
A 200 dton Free Trader of the Beowulf II Class
(armed with 2 double turrets)
- Avionics and Sensors. Access port in aft wall provides access
to the avionics and sensors from the Bridge (2).
- Bridge. There are four consoles on the bridge allowing
control of avionics, navigation, internal security, sensors,
communications and the computer. The bridge has exits into the Missile/Sandcaster
Magazine (3), Computer Room (4), and the Crew's Commons Area
- Missile/Sandcaster Magazine. A stock of up to 20 missiles
and 20 sandcaster canisters may be stored here. This class of ship lacks
an automatic loader so ordanance must be manually transported from the
magazine to the Forward Turret (5b).
- Computer Room. A Model 1 Computer is located here. A
console is in the room, but the computer can be accessed from various
consoles around the ship.
- Crew's Commons. This is large area where the crew can relax and
eat. The Galley (6) is on the starboard side of the commons. The
Lift (5a) provides access to the upper deck. The Forward Turret
(5b) is accessed from an overhead hatch. The crew's quarters are
located surrounding the commons and down the corridor toward aft. There is
an inset air/lock with an extendable gangway to the surface located on the
port side of this area.
|C1. Cabin 1.
|C2. Cabin 2.
|C3. Cabin 3
|C4. Cabin 4
|C5. Cabin 5
|C6. Cabin 6
- Galley. The galley is used to prepare meals for crew and
passengers. Food storage is also located here.
- Sickbay/Low Berths. There are 20 Low Berths located here
as well as a medical scanner, examination table and medical supplies.
- Cargo Hold. The hold has 73 dtons of cargo space.
The hold is climate and gravity controlled. On the port side a 6 meter
wide by 4.5 meter deep cargo air/lock provides controlled access on worlds
with exotic and low atmosphere conditions. On the starboard side a 6 meter
long cargo door turns into a ramp when opened, allowing for roll on / roll
off loading operations. Access to the Aft Turret(8b) is through an
overhead hatch. Hatches aft and port aft allow access to
Engineering(10) and the Vehicle Park(9), respectively.
- Vehicle Park. A roll down ramp provides a separate entrance and
exit for vehicles parked here. A wheeled ATV is parked here. A hatch from
this area leads into the Cargo Hold (8).
- Engineering. Maneuver, Jump and Power plants are located
here. There is a fuel refinery for wilderness refueling. An air/lock on
the port side gives the ability to exit to the port or aft side of the
ship. On the starboard side the Ship's Locker/Workshop (11) can be
- Ship's Locker/Workshop. Minor mechanical, electronics and
gravatic repairs can be made here. Ship's supplies and stores are kept in
- Passenger Commons and Staterooms. There is a separate air/lock
for passenger use, and a lift (a) the crew uses to bring meals up
from the galley. A small kitchenette is forward starboard allowing for
passengers to get snacks and make light meals for themselves. The
staterooms are on either side of the corridor running aft. At the end of
the corridor there is a locked floor and ceiling hatch (b) used by
the crew to access the Aft Turret.
|P1. Stateroom one.
|P2. Stateroom rwo.
|P3 Stateroom three.
|P4. Stateroom four.
|P5. Stateroom five.
|P6. Stateroom six.